Tuscan Vegetable Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil or grape seed extract
- 1 c diced onion (add at end or use 1 tbsp flakes)
- 1 c chopped kale or cabbage or spinach
- 1 c diced celery
- 1 c diced zucchini
- 1 c chopped bok choy
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 c low sodium fat free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can of sugar free diced tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of shredded spinach
Saute vegetables, except onions and tomatoes. Add spices.
in another pot heat broth and add tomatoes. Add cooked veggies to broth and simmer for 20 minutes. A few minutes before serving add spinach and simmer 5 more minutes.
This recipe make approximately 6 cups of Vegetable soup. Icup approx I cup of Vegetable serving.