Low Carb Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs cumin, or to taste
- 1-1/2 Tbs chili powder, or to taste
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
Brown Ground Beef in skillet, drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot, and add freshly ground black pepper.
Add bell pepper and saute 5-7 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in minced garlic.
Turn heat on high under soup pot, and add ground beef with garlic, oil, and pepper mixture. Add cumin and chili powder to taste.
Add tomatoes to pot and break up with spatula.
Add enough water to cover all ingredients, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 2 hours or more.