- 1.5 pounds of fresh red jalapeno peppers
- 8 cloves of garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 1/3 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons of walden farms or ideal protein pancake syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce (no sugar)
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
Stem, seed and Chop the red peppers. Remove seeds and ribs if you dont want it to be so hot!
Add all ingredients in a powerful food processor and puree until smooth!
Red Boat Fish Sauce is recommended! It is the best tasting and has no sugar!
Add mixture into saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat after it boils and simmer 6-8 minutes stirring occcasionally.
Taste the sauce a season if necessary. Transfer to a jar or squeeze bottle and let cool! The sauce should keep in the fridge for about a week.
Recipe adapted for ideal protein with inspiration from nom nom paleo.