Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeño, cut into rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (or more!) Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Walden Farms Ranch Dressing
Make the chicken. In a large saucepan, place chicken, water, garlic, jalapeño, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low, 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the chicken relax in its spa, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and shred with two forks, then toss with hot sauce.
You can also use leftover chicken from our Shredded Buffalo Chicken under Slow Cooker Recipes!
Make the salad. In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing using two wooden spoons. Think of it as a mini cardio workout and toss for about two minutes so all the vegetables are coated with dressing. Top with shredded chicken and enjoy!