Apricot Glazed Pork Roast
- 1 4 -5 pound pork loin roast
- 1/2 (12 oz.) jar Walden Farms apricot preserves
- 1/2 (12 oz.) jar Walden Farms orange preserves
- 1/4 cup Walden Farms or Ideal Protein Pancake syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Trim excess fat from roast and place it in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Score the top of the roast by slicing it diagonally to create a diamond pattern.
Take cloves and press them firmly into the top of pork roast, at all the points where the diagonal lines intersect. Season with salt ad pepper.
In a medium saucepan, combine apricot and orange preserves, syrup, ginger, allspice and rosemary over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer mixture until it reduces and thickens up, about 5 minutes. Set aside 1 cup to serve with the pork.
Bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature is 160º when checked with a meat thermometer, basting every 15-20 minutes with glaze.